Will Smith is being sued by a professional violinist Brian King Josephwhich accuses the actor and his company of sexual harassment and wrongful termination.
In the lawsuit, which was filed in a Los Angeles court on Tuesday, December 30 and obtained by Us Weekly on Thursday, January 1. The complaint names Smith and Treyball Studios Management as defendants.
Legal documents accuse Smith, 57, of “predatory behavior” and “deliberately grooming and grooming Mr. Joseph for further sexual exploitation” during Smith’s tenure. Based on a true story: 2025 turns
According to the civil complaint, the America’s Got Talent alum was invited in November 2024 a join the rapper on the tour, which began its first leg in Las Vegas in March 2025.
Joseph claims he returned to his Las Vegas hotel room, which was booked by Smith’s company, to find that some had “illegally” entered the room. In the room, he allegedly discovered wipes, a bottle of beer, a bottle of HIV medication with someone else’s name on it and hospital discharge paperwork belonging to someone else.
There was also allegedly a note in the room that read, “Brian, I’ll be back no later than (sic) 5:30, just us (drawn heart), Stone F,” which the musician claims he interpreted as a message that “an unknown individual would soon be returning to his room to engage in sexual acts” with him.
Joseph also claims that members of management were the “only individuals with access to (his) room.” She said tour management had lost her bag, which had the room key, during the trip to Las Vegas.

Will Smith
(Photo by David Livingston/Getty Images)After the incident, Joseph said he reported the situation to hotel security and travel management. Joseph claims management accused him of lying, “shamed” him and blamed him for the incident.
The violinist’s employment was terminated days after the incident, with Joseph claiming management told him they were “moving in a different direction”. He alleged that he was quickly replaced by another violinist in the same position, disputing this claim.
The lawsuit also claims that due to being fired, Joseph suffered PTSD and financial loss. She is suing for retaliation, wrongful termination and sexual harassment, and is asking for damages to be determined by a jury.
According to the legal documents, Joseph further alleges that Smith was “preparing and grooming” him “for further sexual exploitation” since their first meeting in November 2024. He claims that they “began spending more time alone” after they met and before the tour began. Joseph alleges that Smith at one point remarked, “You and I have such a special connection, that I don’t have with anyone else.”
Us Weekly Reps for Smith and Joseph have been contacted for comment.
Based on a true story marked Smith’s first album in over 20 years and included previously released singles such as “You Can Make It”, “Work of Art” and “Tantrum”.
The album also contained new tracks such as “Beautiful Scars”, which Smith opened up about during a radio interview in January 2025.
“The idea of ’Beautiful Scars’ is just one of the things that really came to me as a value to recognize that a difficulty, an adversity, a challenge, an obstacle is hard and painful right now, but what you’re going through can become the greatest thing that’s ever happened,” Smith told radio host Enrique Santos during an iHeartRadio Live event on January 2, 2025. on a beautiful springboard.”



