Quinton AaronThe family is sharing an update on the blind side the actor’s health days after being hospitalized and put on life support.
In a statement obtained by Us Weekly On Thursday, January 29, the family said Aaron, 41, suffered a “spinal stroke.”
“We acknowledge that you have heard about Quinton Aaron’s condition. We appreciate the overwhelming love, support and prayers that Quinton has received over the past few days from his fans, the public and our concerned community. To update everyone, he had a stroke in his spine,” the family said in a statement.
The statement continued: “He is alert, conscious and recovering. The Aaron family has a lot to do to get their loved one better, but will be sure to keep everyone updated on Quinton’s health as they see fit.”
The family said the only “factual” information provided about Aaron’s condition will come from a “blood relative” through a spokesperson and “lifelong friend.” Liana Mendoza and urged people to ignore distortion from other sources.
“Thank you once again for the outpouring of love. We send Peace and Love,” the family concluded.
On Sunday, January 25, news broke that Aaron was taken to an Atlanta hospital after his legs suddenly stopped working while he was walking up the stairs to his apartment. As a result, he fell to the ground.
Days later, Quinton’s wife, Margaret Aaronconfirmed to TMZ that the actor was on life support but showing signs of improvement.
A GoFundMe The page was launched by the Veterans Aids Network, an organization Quinton has previously worked with, in hopes of raising money to support his family during his health crisis.
“Quinton is one of the kindest and most genuine people you could ever meet,” the GoFundMe page said. “He shows himself to others. He encourages, uplifts and gives freely of himself, often without asking anything in return. Today he needs us to show up for him.”
The page added: “Quinton has spent his life inspiring others, reminding us that compassion and humanity still matter in this world. Now, as he faces one of the toughest battles of his life, let’s surround him and his loved ones with the same compassion, strength and care.”
Quinton is best known for his portrayal of a former NFL offensive lineman Michael Oher in the blind side. The 2009 film also starred Tim McGraw, Lily Collins and Oscar nominee Sandra Bullock.

Jae Head, Quinton Aaron, Sandra Bullock
Courtesy Ralph Nelson/Warner Bros./Everett Collection“I loved her, her attitude about everything. She was very welcoming,” Quinton said Fox News Digital in August 2023, when he worked alongside Bullock, 61. “She was professional, but funny. Like, she’s hilarious. People don’t know she’s hilarious… She’s definitely played a big role and had a big impact on my life. I think we’re going to have that kind of connection for the rest of our lives, because I hold her very special in my heart.”
The actor also starred The wedding pact 2 next to Hayley Duff i left behind opposite Nicolas Cage.
This isn’t the first health scare Quinton has experienced in the past 12 months. In March 2025, he was admitted to a hospital with fever and coughing up blood.
Before being released, Quinton suspected he was suffering from type A influenza in addition to pneumonia.
In October 2025, Quinton marked a major milestone in his health and wellness journey when he revealed his Weight loss of 200 pounds.
“Hey guys, it’s definitely been a rough few years since Covid,” he wrote Instagram at that time. “I made new friends and lost old ones. However, last year when I married my #Puerto Rican @margaritaleta75, I feel like God started smiling on me and I praise him for his grace, mercy and favor in my life.”
The 6-foot-8 actor revealed to TMZ that he achieved his results the old-fashioned way: implementing lifestyle changes through diet and exercise. He also credited some extra cardio in the bedroom with his wife.

