Prosecutors in the case of sexual abuse of minors Timothy Busfield will file a motion to keep the actor in police custody while the case moves toward trial.
According to facebook post shared by the Bernalillo County District Attorney Sam Bregman on Tuesday, January 13, “The Bernalillo County District Attorney’s Office intends to file a motion to keep Mr. Busfield in custody while the case continues through the court process.”
The post continued: “A judge will then determine whether Busfield remains in custody or is released pending trial.”
A representative from the Bernalillo County District Attorney’s office said Us Weekly Tuesday night, Bregman’s post is “the only statement we’re releasing at this time.”
Bregman, who is running for governor of New Mexico in 2026 and is also the father of the Houston Astros baseball star. Alex Bregmanhe also noted in his post that prosecutors “routinely” file “remand motions in cases involving these charges.”
Busfield, 68, is currently being held at the Bernalillo County Metropolitan Detention Center two accounts of criminal sexual contact of a minor and one count of child abuse. Bregman’s Facebook post noted that the charge of “Criminal Sexual Contact of a Minor” applies to children “under the age of 13.”
we previously reported that the alleged incidents happened when the West Wing led the alum The cleaning womanwhich aired on Fox from 2022 to 2025. (Busfield’s accuser and his twin brother were employed as child actors in the series.)
Legal documents obtained by we Last week it showed that the boy involved claimed that Busfield first touched his “private areas” when he was 7 years old. Busfield is accused of touching the accuser three or four times, in addition to touching him five of six times when the boy was 8 years old.
Busfield turned himself in to New Mexico authorities on Tuesday, but has denied all wrongdoing allegations. Busfield’s lawyer, Stanton “Larry” Steinhe said we in a statement on Tuesday that his client “voluntarily appeared before New Mexico authorities after traveling across the country to confront these false and deeply troubling allegations. He is innocent and determined to clear his name.”
Stein’s statement also claims the charges appear as “a calculated effort to build a case, driven by animus not fact, despite prior investigations finding no evidence of wrongdoing.”
According to the complaint, the mother of the minor involved informed Child Protective Services that the alleged abuse occurred between the end of 2022 and the second semester of 2024. Her son was diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder and anxiety following the alleged incidents.
Interview footage of Busfield speaking to authorities after his surrender, later released by TMZBusfield personally denied all the claims made against him. “I’m going to stand up to these lies. They’re horrible. They’re all lies, and I didn’t do anything to these little kids,” Busfield said in the clip. “I’m going to fight it. I’m going to fight it with a great team, and I’m going to be exonerated. I know I am because this is all so wrong and it’s all a lie.”
Busfield’s wife, Melissa Gilbertsaid to a statement a we through his representative on Tuesday that his focus remains on supporting and caring for his family, including Busfield. “Melissa stands by and supports her husband and will address the public at the appropriate time,” the statement said.
It came after the Little house on the prairie star shared a cryptic post on Instagram in the days before Busfield’s arrest warrant was issued. The quote, “Looks like you’ve mistaken upset for injustice,” was shared before it was extended in the comments section of the post.
“It’s about not taking responsibility for your own situation. It’s about being a big whiny baby. I saw this quote and it hit me. I have a particularly hard time with people who play the victim. You’ve got your shit. Step up. It’s all pretty general. Nothing to do with politics, but everything to do with privilege, attitude and weakness,” it read.
If you or someone you know is experiencing child abuse, call or text Helpline for children at 1-800-422-4453.





