Prince William i Princess Kate Middleton are firm with King Charles III following Andrew Mountbatten-Windsorthe arrest of
The Prince and Princess of Wales will not make their own statement on the royal family drama, Us Weekly understands the couple fully supports Charles’ statement.
On Thursday, February 19, news broke that Andrew, 66, he was arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public positions. Britain’s Thames Valley Police confirmed to the BBC that they “arrested a man in his sixties from Norfolk”, noting that searches are also being carried out in Berkshire and Norfolk.

Prince William, Kate Middleton, King Charles III and Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor.
Getty Images (4)Although authorities did not name the suspect, per national guidelines, it was widely reported that Andrew was arrested at his Sandringham estate. Charles, 77, later addressed the former Duke of York who was in police custody.
“I have learned with the deepest concern of the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and the suspicion of misconduct in public office,” the king shared in a statement obtained by Us Weekly. “What follows now is the full, fair and proper process by which this matter is investigated in the proper manner and by the proper authorities. In that, as I said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and cooperation.”
The statement concluded: “Let me be clear: the law must take its course. As this process continues, it would be inappropriate for you to comment further on this matter. In the meantime, my family and I will continue in our duty and service to all of you.”
we Andrew’s lawyer, Buckingham Palace and Kensington Palace have been contacted for further comment.
Thames Valley Police confirmed to the BBC earlier this month that it was investigating allegations that Andrew shared confidential information with deceased multimillionaire sex trafficker Jeffrey Epstein while serving as UK Trade Envoy from 2001 to 2011.
Authorities also revealed earlier this month that they were evaluating a separate claim that Epstein trafficked a woman to the UK for an alleged sexual encounter with Andrew in 2010.
Andrew’s reported connection to Epstein has been in the headlines for years. In 2019, Virginia Giuffre he alleged that he had several sexual encounters with Andrew in 2001 while he was a minor.
Giuffre – who died by suicide at the age of 41 April 2025: Sued Andrew for sexual abuse in 2021. They settled out of court the following year. Giuffre shared details of his alleged encounters with Andrew and Epstein in his memoir. nobody’s girlwho was released posthumously in October 2025. Andrew has continued to deny all the allegations against him.
After the memoirs were published, Charles announced his decision to do so formally strip Andrew of his royal titles.
“Prince Andrew will now be known as Andrew Mountbatten Windsor. Until now, his lease at Royal Lodge has provided him with legal protection to continue to reside,” a statement from Buckingham Palace said. “He has now been formally notified of the transfer of the lease and will be moving to alternative private accommodation. These censures are deemed necessary, despite the fact that he continues to deny the allegations against him.”
The statement concluded: “Their Majesties wish to make clear that their thoughts and deepest sympathies have been, and will continue to be, with victims and survivors of any and all forms of abuse.”


