Paul Thomas Anderson wants to remove Melania’s Phantom Thread music


Paul Thomas Anderson i Jonny Greenwood have requested the withdrawal of ghost thread‘s music in the documentary about the first lady Melania Trump.

“A piece of music caught our attention ghost thread has been used in the documentary Melania,” Anderson and Greenwood said in a joint statement Weekly entertainment on Monday, February 9. “Although Jonny Greenwood does not own the copyright to the score, Universal did not consult Jonny about this third-party use, which is a violation of his composer agreement.”

The duo concluded: “As a result, Jonny and Paul Thomas Anderson have asked that it be removed from the documentary.”

A Melania segment features music from the 2017 film she starred in Daniel Day-Lewis. Focus Features, part of Universal Pictures, distributed melania in the United States, while Universal distributed the documentary internationally.

Melania Trumps documentary Melania Review Roundup What critics are saying, Donald Trump and more


Related: Melania Trump’s controversial documentary ‘Melania’, criticized by critics

Melania Trump is opening up her private world to some critical scrutiny. First Lady Melania’s new documentary hit theaters on Friday, January 30, following a black carpet premiere at the newly named Trump-Kennedy Center the night before. Acquired by Amazon MGM Studios in a $40 million deal, Melania highlights the leading 20 days (…)

Us Weekly Anderson, Greenwood and Focus Features have been contacted for comment.

Anderson and Greenwood worked together ghost threadwhich was released in 2017. The One battle after another the 55-year-old director wrote, produced and directed the film, while the Radiohead musician, 54, composed the score.

Published earlier this year, melania follows the life of the first lady and her husband, the president donald trumpin the final days of his 2024 re-election campaign. (The 79-year-old president defeated former Vice President Kamala Harris and was elected for a second term).

GettyImages2259907037 Paul Thomas Anderson calls for music to be removed from Melania Doc's Phantom Thread

Melania Trump Anna Moneymaker/Getty Images

“The story is set in motion during the 20 days of my life leading up to the United States presidential inauguration,” Melania, 55, said of the film in a December 2025 press release. of America”.

melania It was acquired by Amazon MGM Studios in a $40 million deal. The documentary was directed by Brett Ratnerwho previously worked on the Rush Hour franchise and other films. The film premiered at the newly renamed Trump Kennedy Center before hitting theaters across the country.

GettyImages2250607871 President Donald Trump Gives A Brief Review Of Wife Melania Trumps Upcoming Documentary


Related: President Donald Trump gives a brief review of Melania Trump’s documentary

President Donald Trump is sharing his somewhat limited thoughts on wife Melania Trump’s upcoming documentary. “I’ve already seen pieces of it,” Donald, 79, told reporters for his wife’s upcoming Amazon MGM Studios documentary Melania while aboard Air Force One on Sunday, January 12. “It’s amazing.” The president added that he is not surprised that the (…)

After its publication on January 30, melania has received mixed reviews. According to Rotten Tomatoes, critics gave the documentary a 10 percent. Meanwhile, verified fans awarded the film 99 percent. At the box office, melania it earned $13.35 million domestically after two weeks.

The president, for his part, gave a sound endorsement to his wife’s film.

“I loved it. I thought it was really great,” he told reporters in January ahead of the film’s release. “It really brings back a glamor that you don’t see anymore. Our country could use some of that.”

This isn’t the first time a music artist has asked someone in the Trump family to stop using their music. Queen, Nickelback, Rihanna, Neil Young, Steven TylerREM, Adelethe rolling stones, Ozzy Osbourne, Tom PettyPanic! At the disco, Linkin Park, princeAxl Rose, Celine Dion, Sinéad O’Connor and more artists have asked that their music not be used by the Trump family over the years.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *