Missing 4-year-old boy found dead after disappearing on New Year’s Eve


A 4-year-old boy was found dead about two miles from his home in Alabama after he went missing on New Year’s Eve, authorities say.

his father, Jameson Kyle Boleywas arrested on an explosives charge before his body was discovered, NBC News reported. Walker County Sheriff Nick Smith told reporters that the charge was unrelated to the boy’s disappearance, according to the outlet.

On Friday, January 2nd, Smith announced in a press conference shared by WVTM Johnathan Everett Boley body was found near his father’s house in Jasper. He was found with a black Labrador retriever, according to Smith. The dog was considered to have disappeared with him.

“It is with great sadness that I am here to announce that we have located Johnathan,” Smith said. “Johnnathan is dead.”

Smith added that the Labrador retriever was with Johnathan and “is alive.”

A 13-year-old boy found dead in an apparent animal attack, a neighbor arrested


Related: A 13-year-old boy found dead in an apparent animal attack, a neighbor arrested

A Kansas man is facing multiple charges after his 13-year-old neighbor was found dead following an apparent animal attack. Damon Leonard was charged Monday, Dec. 22, by Missouri authorities with abandoning a corpse, according to online records seen by Us Weekly. He was arrested after the body of Airen Andula was found in the (…)

Jonathan was last seen the morning of Wednesday, Dec. 31 in Jasper, according to an alert from the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency. He was wearing a Mickey Mouse shirt, black pants, and Paw Patrol shoes.

“The child was believed to be in danger,” the agency said.

Johnathan was first reported missing by his father, according to Smith, WVTM reported. Before his disappearance, Johnathan had been with his brother and black Labrador retriever, the sheriff said.

During Friday’s news conference, Smith said Johnathan’s 6-year-old brother had “identified the last place John saw John,” NBC News reported.

Jameson, meanwhile, has been loaded with unlawful manufacture of a destructive device and two counts of chemical endangerment of a child, Smith said, WBRC reported.

Smith announced the charges against Jameson on Wednesday as authorities searched for his son, according to the outlet.

The sheriff said the charges were “something completely separate” from Johnathan’s disappearance, but added that they were “still a factor that hinders our search,” WBRC reported.

Information on Jameson’s legal representation was not immediately available

While speaking to the media, Smith said explosives were found on Jameson’s property, leading to his arrest, according to NBC News.

“Neighbors have said they’ve been hearing explosions for weeks,” Smith said, the outlet reported. “They really didn’t know where it was coming from. The morning before the (missing person) report came in, one of the neighbors reported hearing an explosion around 4 a.m. that morning, they just didn’t know where it was coming from. You can’t say that has any kind of connection to the missing child.”

Teen Mom's Jenelle Evans' missing son Jace reported as a runaway 5 months after receiving custody 353


Related: Jenelle Evans’ 14-year-old son Jace has been found safe after going missing

Jace, the son of Teen Mom 2 alum Jenelle Evans, has been found safe after being reported as a runaway five months after he was awarded custody. Evans, 31, released a statement through his manager August Keen on Tuesday, August 15. “Jace has been found and is at home with Jenelle and her (…)

According to authorities, Johnathan had been staying with Jameson over the holidays, WBRC reported. His father is separated from his mother, who lives in Florida, according to the outlet.

Jameson was allowed to see Johnathan five days a year under the terms of a custody agreement, NBC News reported.

“We are devastated by this news,” Smith said of Johnathan’s death at Friday’s news conference. “Johnathan was an adventurous boy and loved the outdoors.”

Our hearts are heavyand we ask for privacy, compassion and continued prayers for his family during this incredibly difficult time,” Smith wrote in a Facebook post Friday.

“I cannot begin to express my gratitude for the tireless efforts of all law enforcement, first responders, EMA personnel, E-911, and most importantly, our community and dedicated volunteers, whose support and commitment will never be forgotten,” Smith added.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *