Jameela Jamil breaks her silence on Blake Lively’s text messages


Jameela Jamil he spoke after the call of his text messages Blake Lively a “suicide attack” was listed in unsealed court documents.

“Guys, feminism means fighting for political, social and economic equity for women,” Jamil, 39, said in an Instagram Story video on Thursday, January 22. “Just gender equity. It doesn’t mean you have to like every woman. It doesn’t mean you have to be friends with every woman.”

Jamil added that women are allowed to have different opinions and butt heads while upholding the values ​​of feminism.

“It means you can actually be with other women. You can criticize me, you can do whatever you want whenever

you’re also fighting for their human right to the same things men have,” she continued. “That’s what feminism is all about. It is a moral and political position. It’s not a sleepover where we braid each other’s pubes, okay?

The Good Place alum ended her message with a reminder about the foundation of feminist ideology.

“So if you’re fighting for women’s rights, but you don’t get along with all women, that doesn’t make you a bad feminist. You’re still a feminist,” she said. “Keep fighting for these rights and thank you for fighting for these rights.”

Jamil made headlines earlier this week when a series of texts between her and Justin Baldonithe publicist Jennifer Abel were released in unsealed court documents from the actor’s legal drama with Lively, 38.

“I want to officially add nightmare and demon to my vocabulary; INCREDIBLE; She’s doing this to herself,” Abel wrote of Lively, to which Jamil replied, “She’s a suicide terrorist right now.”

Jameela Jamil breaks her silence on Blake Lively's text messages

Jameela Jamil, Blake Lively Getty Images

Jamil also claimed that Lively was putting on a “weird dolan” act.

After the texts about Lively surfaced, a source explained exclusively Us Weekly“It’s disappointing that instead of listening to women when they speak out, other women call them names and discredit them in defense of a fake male feminist.”

Lively and Baldoni’s legal back-and-forth began in December 2024 when the actress filed a lawsuit against her End with UHer co-star and director, accusing him of sexual harassment on set and orchestrating an alleged smear campaign against her while promoting the film based on Colleen Hoover best selling novel

Baldoni has vehemently denied the allegations. She later countersued Lively, but her lawsuit was dismissed by a judge in June 2025. Lively’s case remains ongoing and is headed to trial in May. Both Baldoni and Lively are expected to take the stand.

Ahead of the actors’ impending court date, hundreds of documents from the lawsuit were released to the public. Jamil wasn’t the only celebrity whose text messages were made public. Messages from Baldoni with friends and colleagues, as well as Lively’s correspondence with a close friend taylor swift have also hit the headlines.

After the documents were released, Baldoni’s lawyers appeared in court asking the judge to dismiss Lively’s lawsuit, according to NBC News. Baldoni’s legal team claimed that Lively’s sexual harassment case was “trivial and petty complaints.” Lively’s lawyers argued that the case revolved around “women feeling comfortable in their jobs and not being retaliated against.”



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *