New England Patriots wide receiver Stefon Diggs played his first game since the news of the allegations of assault and strangulation against him, and his girlfriend, the rapper cardi bhe seems to be on his back.
Diggs, 32, had 43 yards in the Patriots’ 38-10 win over the Miami Dolphins on Sunday, Jan. 4, putting him over 1,000 on the season to earn a $500,000 bonus. Cardi, 33, shared a screenshot of it Instagram story of a post via X celebrating the milestone, captioning it: “Covered ALWAYS… Amen!”
“Stefon Diggs is officially the first Patriots WR to gain 1,000 yards since Julian Edelman in 2019,” the original X post read. “Also Diggs’ seventh career 1K season.”
New England’s win over the Dolphins was the team’s first game since news broke Dec. 30 that Diggs had been charged with felony strangulation or suffocation and misdemeanor assault and battery. during an alleged dispute with his private chef living at home on top of his salary.
“Stefon Diggs categorically denies these allegations,” Diggs’ attorney David Meier said in a statement to Us Weekly at that time. “They are unsubstantiated, unsubstantiated and never investigated, because they did not occur. The timing and motivation for making the allegations is very clear: they are the direct result of a financial dispute between employee and employer that was not resolved to the satisfaction of the employee. Stefon hopes to establish the truth in a court of law.”

The police report, obtained by Boston News 25details Diggs’ alleged actions, alleging that he “snapped” the unnamed woman in the face, then “attempted to choke her by using the crook of his elbow around her neck. She said he was behind her with his arm around her. She said she felt like she was having trouble breathing and felt like she might have passed out.”
The report too seems to recognize Cardireferring to Diggs’ “girlfriend,” who was not named. The woman claims she “received a voicemail and text message from a woman she believed to be Diggs’ girlfriend.”
“The messages said something to the effect of ‘you don’t have to do all this.’ It’s not a big deal,” the report states.
Us Weekly Cardi’s attorney has been contacted for comment.
Diggs and Cardi have been dating since late 2024 and welcomed their first baby, a son, in November 2025.
Diggs himself broke his silence on the allegations on Friday, Jan. 2, telling reporters it’s “an emotional time” and apologizing for not meeting with the media Wednesday, as he usually does during the season.
“Confused by some of the things that are going on,” he said. “But I want to be here to apologize for not being available for these two days. It’s a different time.”
He continued: “It’s definitely an open case, so I can’t even say anything about it. I’ll be open to any football questions, anything you want to know. I don’t want to be rude or disruptive in any way. If somebody asks me a question related to (the allegations), obviously I’ll just take a look. You know me at this point.”


