A man awaiting trial after the death of the baby arrested for an attack on the woman


A Pennsylvania man awaiting trial in connection with the untimely death of his young son was arrested once again and charged with new charges after a domestic dispute that allegedly turned violent.

On May 8, 2024, David Strauss IIIthe 3-month-old baby, Gavin Strausshe died of complications from asphyxiation after he was allegedly put to sleep in his crib on his stomach. Further research found instructions on safe sleep practices for babies in the home. Investigators also discovered several items, including blankets, stuffed toys and a “blue goose” in her crib. (According to American Academy of Pediatrics safe sleep guidelines, babies’ sleep surfaces should be left bare and free of blankets, stuffed animals, or pillows.)

Both Strause and his wife, who was not publicly identified, were charged with involuntary manslaughter about a year after the baby’s death.

Denver man faces murder and child abuse charges in connection with death of 2-year-old boy


Related: Denver man faces murder, child abuse charges in death of 2-year-old boy

A Denver, Colorado man has been arrested on suspicion of murder and child abuse in connection with the death of a 2-year-old boy. Denver Police Department officers responded to a home in the West Barnum neighborhood on Sunday, January 18 after receiving a call about an unresponsive 2-year-old boy, according to (…)

While awaiting his trial date, which was set for March 23, Strause had another run-in with law enforcement when his wife called 911 and accused him of domestic violence.

He alleged that the two had been drinking that night when they got into a verbal altercation.

“The victim reported that it started the night before at a local bar,” the district attorney’s office said in a news release reported by The Lebanon Daily News. “Strause consumed several whiskeys. They argued about the victim’s ex-boyfriend. The victim and Strause returned home.”

At one point, Strause allegedly pushed his wife onto her bed before hitting her in the face with a gun. When she tried to escape to the basement to call the police, she claimed he followed her. Dispatchers said they could hear a man yelling in the background of the woman’s 911 call, “This is how you want it to end, get out!” The woman then alleged that he took her phone and “smashed it.”

Although he was eventually able to run out of his home and into his vehicle, he claimed he heard gunshots as he left the residence. Authorities later confirmed there was evidence his vehicle had been shot at.

Once Strause’s wife fled his property, “multiple departments remained on scene for hours as they negotiated,” according to the news release. Strause initially “refused to leave or give up” and “state police were forced to close public highways for safety and (to) protect the surrounding area.” However, he eventually surrendered and was arrested around 9am that morning.

In addition to his manslaughter charge, Strause now faces additional charges of simple assault, aggravated assault, recklessly endangering another person and disorderly conduct.

“Domestic violence incidents are always the most dangerous for the victims and the police,” said Lebanon County District Attorney. Pier Hess Graf he said in a statement. “They represent heated arguments filled with emotion and no reason. The victim was lucky to escape without being shot; the multitude of State Police Troopers at the scene are lucky to do the same.”

Strause’s next court date is Thursday, February 12.

If you or someone you know is experiencing domestic violence, call National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233 for confidential assistance.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *