
As Conan O’Brien kicked off his opening monologue at 97 Academy Awards, Could not resist -repeatedly troll’s candidacy Timothée Chalamet.
“Timmy Chalamet is for the best actor tonight, you are amazing and you find it incredible. I love this dress. You won’t hit your bike tonight” Receive a fine to take a ride bike at the London premiere of A complete stranger. “Sure! Incredible actor. Timothée is nominated for his representation Bob DylanYes. Bob Dylan wanted to be here tonight, but not so bad. “”
O’Brien said that 29 -year -old Chalamet also appeared in the Dune Sequel, which is found in the best director (and several other trophies) during the Sunday program. “Guess what? They tell me (Denis Villeneuve) smartphone prohibited in the whole of Dune 2. Apparently, his actors continued to do Googling: “What is this movie about?”
O’Brien sought to solve any bad blood with Chalamet, who sitting in the front row with girlfriend Kylie Jenner.
“Okay, we will hang after that,” said O’Brien. “It was a no.”
Later at the O’Brien monologue, he tried to humiliate all the candidates by sharing their first head blows.
“And it means that Timothée Chalamet,” O’Brien added before showing a picture of sonogram, joking about Chalamet’s youth. “I did it and therefore it is just just to do it.”
The monologue, which ended with a surprise musical number, also had a cameo in a costume Adam Sandler.
“Adam, what are you wearing?” O’Brien asked, referring to Sandler’s hooded sweatshirt and sweating pants. “You’re dressed as a guy playing video games at 2 in the morning, Adam.”
Sandler, meanwhile, emphasized that he “liked the way” that he dressed because he is a “good person”.
Before Sandler left the Dolby Theater on O’Brien’s mockery, he shouted, “One more thing: Chalamet!” And he ran to greet the Chalamet with a hug. (Sandler, 58, jokely spoke Chalamet during the Golden Globe in January.)
Sunday is the first time they had broadcast the Oscars.
“We are delighted and honored that the incomparable Conan O’Brien welcomes the Oscars this year,” was the CEO of the Academy Bill Kramer and President of the Academy Janet Finger A November 2024 press release. “He is the perfect person to help direct our global film celebration with his brilliant humor, his love of movies and his live television experience.”
The statement concluded: “Its remarkable capacity to connect with the public will bring together viewers to do what the Oscars do best: to honor the spectacular films and filmmakers of this year.”
O’Brien, an Emmy winning host at night, previously mocked as it was Preparing -to be issued The prize program.
“We will have a great show (i) a great show,” said O’Brien on Wednesday, February 26, episode Jimmy Kimmel Live! Before I joke, “Things for me, you know, meet -Very late. I started working at the Oscars about four hours ago. I’m going to throw a all -night. I think we have some fun ideas or some great surprises.”
According to O’Brien, he “owed” Kimmel, 57, thanks for his advice. (Kimmel housed Oscars transmission In 2017, 2018, 2023 and 2024.)
“One of the first calls I received after agreeing to host the Oscars was from Jimmy Kimmel,” O’Brien said earlier this month. “I didn’t pick up because I got the call id but then I thought about it and I called you again.”
Kimmel later invited O’Brien to gather -to market the Oscars’ wisdom.
“You and Molly (mcnearneyKimmel’s wife) couldn’t have been more funny, “he squeezed O’Brien.” All of these fantastic advice were given to me. “
As part of O’Brien’s preparation, he made sure that he “saw many films” that he wrote down after having done because he wanted to welcome the Oscars in the first place.
“I wrapped my night program a couple of years ago,” he recalled. “It was a dream … and when it ended, I ended. I thought,” Now I want to try things that are scared. If I am scared, I think I should do it.



