Justin Baldoni’s lawyer says no deal in Blake Lively settlement talk


Justin Baldoni i Blake LivelyThe attempt to reach a settlement has apparently failed, and the former co-stars are likely still headed to trial.

Baldoni’s lawyer Bryan Freedman he said Deadline while outside the Daniel Patrick Moynihan United States Courthouse in Manhattan on Wednesday, February 11, the argument in accordance with the court order of the parties earlier that day was unsuccessful. He noted that “there’s always a chance” of a settlement, but added that he didn’t know if Baldoni, 42, and Lively, 38, would resume talks about a possible pretrial settlement.

Asked more about the trial, which is set to begin May 18, Freedman said he’s “looking forward to it.”

Baldoni and Lively were in court Wednesday for a private conference with the magistrate judge Sarah L. Cave to see if they could reach an agreement without going to trial. Baldoni arrived at the New York City courthouse with his wife, Emilywhile Lively went solo.

The lecture came after Judge Lewis J. Liman suggested in December 2025 that the parties try to resolve their differences outside the courtroom in light of the postponement of their possible trial. The duo’s legal battle began in December 2024 when Lively filed a lawsuit against Baldoni, accusing him of sexual harassment and orchestrating an alleged smear campaign against her after filmed End With Us. Baldoni directed and starred alongside Lively in the film, which hit theaters in August 2024 and was based on Colleen Hooverthe novel of the same name.

Baldoni denied the allegations and later countersued Lively and The New York Timeswho published a story about his lawsuit, but his lawsuit was dismissed in June 2025.

GettyImages-2260584898 Justin Baldoni and Blake Lively in court

Justin and Emily Baldoni ANGELA WEISS / AFP

The civil trial for Lively’s lawsuit was supposed to begin in March, but was moved up to May because Judge Liman is also handling two criminal trials at the moment. As he told Lively and Baldoni last year, “As important as this case is … criminal trials have precedents.”

That same month, lawyers for Lively and Baldoni said they planned to keep fighting for their clients as the case reached its one-year anniversary.

Justin Baldoni devastated financially after Blake Lively battle


Related: Justin Baldoni is ‘financially devastated’ after Blake Lively battle

Justin Baldoni’s legal battle with It Ends With Us co-star Blake Lively is reportedly taking its toll on the actor. During a pretrial hearing Monday, Feb. 3, Baldoni’s attorney, Bryan Freedman, said his “clients are financially and emotionally devastated” because of the situation. (Freedman also represents It Ends With Us producers Jamey Heath (…))

“A year ago, Blake Lively filed a complaint with the California Department of Civil Rights to continue advocating for a safe workplace after the experiences she and others had in the movie It Ends With Us,” Lively’s lawyers said. Mike Gottlieb i Ezra Hudson he said Us Weekly on December 22, 2025. “For the past year, Blake has persevered against a multibillionaire-funded effort to try to ‘bury’ her, her family and companies through retaliatory lawsuits and a relentless media and digital campaign. With her retaliatory lawsuits dismissed and only her lawsuits set to go to trial in May, Ms. scenes to silence and discredit the women who they dare to speak.”

Freedman, meanwhile, shared a message of thanks on behalf of Baldoni we“My clients are deeply grateful for the support and kind words they have received over the past year. We are confident that the truth will eventually prevail and the care shown by so many has been a significant source of strength during an incredibly difficult time.”



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *