Marc Anthony breaks silence on Brooklyn Beckham’s family drama


Mark Antony speaks for the first time after finding himself dragged into the Beckham Family Feud.

“I have nothing to say about what’s going on with the family,” the 57-year-old singer said in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter on Monday, February 9. “They’re a wonderful, wonderful family. I’ve known them since before the kids were born. I’m Cruz’s godfather. I’m very close to the family.”

Anthony added: “But I have nothing to say about what happened there. It’s extremely unfortunate the way it’s playing out, but (how it’s playing out) it’s not the truth.”

The Grammy winner was mentioned in Brooklyn Beckhamexplosive statement of spoke out against his family last month. Anthony performed at Brooklyn’s wedding in April 2022 Nicola Peltz Beckham.

Victoria-and-Nicola-GettyImages-1976115634


Related: What really happened between Victoria and Nicola at the Beckham wedding?

The wedding of Brooklyn Peltz Beckham and his wife Nicola Peltz Beckham allegedly caused friction with his mother, Victoria Beckham. Brooklyn, 26, and Nicola, 30, tied the knot in April 2022 in a star-studded ceremony and reception held in Palm Beach, Florida, which ended with a performance by Marc Anthony. (The 56-year-old Latin Grammy winner is a longtime friend (…)

In a Jan. 21 statement shared via Instagram Stories, Brooklyn, 26, accused her mother: Victoria Beckhamof dancing inappropriately with him on his wedding day.

“My mom hijacked my first dance with my wife, which was planned weeks before to a romantic love song,” Brooklyn wrote in part. “In front of our 500 wedding guests, Marc Anthony called me to the stage, where I was scheduled for a romantic dance with my wife, but instead my mother was waiting to dance with me. She danced very inappropriately in front of everyone. I have never felt more uncomfortable or humiliated in my entire life. We wanted to renew our vows so that we could not create new memories of our day and joy that it would bring us wedding. anxiety and shame.”

Marc Anthony breaks silence on Beckham family drama:
Phillip Faraone/Getty Images

During an appearance in the United Kingdom this morning program later in January, wedding DJ Fat Tony shed more light on Anthony’s performance at the wedding and the alleged moment between Victoria, 51, and Brooklyn.

“There was no whore fall, no black PVC dress, no Spice Girl action,” Tony said. “What it was (and) why I said it was inappropriate, too, was because … it was the timing.”

He continued: “Marc Anthony was performing on stage. Then he called Brooklyn on stage (who) came on stage where everyone was expecting Nicola to come up and do the first dance, then Marc Anthony asks ‘the most beautiful woman in the room’ to come on stage and then says, ‘Victoria.’

Tony said Brooklyn looked ‘devastated’, while Nicola, 31, left the venue ‘crying her eyes out’.

“Brooklyn is glued to the stage, and then they do this dance,” Tony stated. “The Marc Anthony thing, like, ‘Put your hands on your mother’s hips,’ and it was a Latin thing. The whole situation was very uncomfortable for everyone in the room.”

Everything you need to know about Brooklyn Beckham and wife Nicola Peltz's wedding amid family drama


Related: All the family drama at Brooklyn Beckham’s wedding to Nicola explained

Brooklyn Beckham and Nicola Peltz Beckham’s wedding is back in the spotlight after Brooklyn issued a scathing statement in which her parents, David Beckham and Victoria Beckham. The famous family has been navigating their ongoing feud since the couple tied the knot in 2022. On Monday, January 19, Brooklyn, 26, shared what she says is her side (…)

In her statement, Brooklyn detailed her rift with her family, including parents Victoria and david50 years old, and said he did not want to reconcile. (Victoria and David also share Romeo23, cross21 i Harper14.)

“I don’t want to reconcile with my family. I’m not controlled, I’m standing up for myself for the first time in my life,” Brooklyn wrote, claiming her parents have “controlled press narratives” about the family “all their lives.”

“From the moment I started standing up for my family, I have received endless attacks from my parents, both in private and in public, which were sent to the press at their behest,” she alleged.

Neither David nor Victoria have publicly addressed Brooklyn’s claims. Us Weekly contacted the couple’s representatives at the time.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *