Quinton Aaron’s the family shared a positive update about the blind side actor after being hospitalized after suffering a ‘spinal stroke’.
Quinton, 41, is feeling optimistic amid his recovery and hopes to watch the Super Bowl this Sunday, the Aaron family said in a statement shared with Us Weekly on Friday, February 6.
“Quinton is in a jovial mood, now laughing and smiling and communicating to the best of his ability as he continues to recover,” the statement said. “He’s watching TV and getting ready to root for his favorite team this weekend.”
The Aaron family previously confirmed on January 29 that Quinton had been admitted to an Atlanta hospital after suffering a “spinal stroke”. Quinton’s legs had stopped working as he was walking up the stairs to his apartment, and he had collapsed as a result.
The family said at the time: “We appreciate hearing about Quinton Aaron’s condition. We appreciate the overwhelming love, support and prayers that Quinton has received over the last few days from his fans, the public and our concerned community.”
In the statement, the family shared details about the actor’s state of health at the time.
“He is alert, conscious and recovering. The Aaron family has a lot to do to get their loved one better, but will be sure to keep everyone updated on Quinton’s health as they see fit,” she continued.

Quinton Aaron.
(Photo by Sean Zanni/Getty Images for ACCF)The family also noted that real information about Quinton’s health will only be released by a “blood relative” through family spokeswoman and “lifelong friend” Liana Mendoza, and urged the public to ignore misinformation from other sources.
On January 25, news broke that Quinton had been hospitalized. Days later, Quinton’s wife, Margaret Aaronconfirmed to TMZ that youthe actor was on life support but showing signs of improvement.
A GoFundMe page it was created by the Veterans Aids Network, an organization Quinton has previously worked with. The page aimed to raise money to help support his family while he recovered from his health problems.
“Quinton is one of the kindest and most genuine people you could ever meet,” the GoFundMe page said. “He shows himself to others. He encourages, uplifts and gives freely of himself, often without asking anything in return. Today he needs us to show up for him.”
The page added: “Quinton has spent his life inspiring others, reminding us that compassion and humanity still matter in this world. Now, as he faces one of the toughest battles of his life, let’s surround him and his loved ones with the same compassion, strength and care.”
Quinton is best known for his portrayal of former NFL offensive lineman Michael Oher the blind side Tim McGraw, Lily Collins i Sandra Bullock he also starred in the 2009 film.
The actor too suffered a previous health scare in the last 12 months. In March 2025, he was admitted to a hospital with fever and coughing up blood.
Quinton suspected that he was suffering from type A influenza in addition to pneumonia before his release.

