HS coach allegedly sent nude photos to students and screenshots were taken


A former Missouri high school basketball coach is facing federal prison time in connection with an incident in which he was caught sending sexually inappropriate messages and nude photos to students via social media, prosecutors said.

Lee Anthony Bogan Jr.who was known as “Coach Teejay,” was unaware that students who received photos of his genitalia had captured the images, according to prosecutors.

On Monday, Feb. 2, Bogan, 29, of Jennings, pleaded guilty to one count of attempted delivery of child pornography, the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Missouri said in a news release issued that day.

Your defense attorney Herman L. Jimerson did not return immediately Us Weekly’s request for comments on Tuesday, February 3.

Bogan previously worked as an assistant Men’s youth basketball coach Mary Institute and Saint Louis Country Day School, a private school in St. Louis attended by students in kindergarten through 12th grade, KSDK reported.

As part of Bogan’s plea deal, he admitted he began messaging high school students on social media in the spring of 2024, according to prosecutors.

“In these messages, Bogan expressed romantic and sexual interest in the students, seeking to gauge their responses,” prosecutors said.

The teacher has sex in a Jeep with one of her students


Related: Ex-teacher accused of having illicit sexual relations with a student

A former Kansas high school art teacher accused of grooming and having illegal sex with an underage student will stand trial on four felony charges, a judge ruled this week. Nicole Hernandez, 30, appeared in court on Tuesday, December 2 after being charged with four counts of illicit sexual relations with a student, KAKE.com (…)

Bogan is also accused of sending photos of his genitalia to students.

According to prosecutors, Bogan believed the social media app he was using “would cause the messages to disappear shortly after they were received.”

However, the students “took screenshots of the explicit photos before they disappeared,” prosecutors said.

A student told school administrators they received the inappropriate photos and messages from Bogan in March 2024, according to charging documents viewed by KSDK.

Then another student who shared a similar allegation against Bogan said they received sexually explicit messages from him via Instagram, the NBC affiliate reported, citing the documents.

In a statement to the television network provided by the Mary Institute and Saint Louis Country Day School in April 2024, the school said that “Bogan was a contract, non-faculty assistant basketball coach.”

“He worked seasonally at MICDS for a period of approximately three seasons, but was not an employee at the time the alleged misconduct came to light,” the school’s statement added. “However, the School responded to the situation as soon as it became aware of any alleged misconduct.”

Before pleading guilty, Bogan filed a motion to dismiss his indictment, court records reviewed by we show

US District Judge Henry Edward Autrey dismissed the motion in January 2025, according to court records.

Charles Lucas Dingman Mugshot Bucks County District Attorney's Office


Related: A school employee solicited sexual content from minors via Snapchat, Twitch

An elementary school employee was fired “immediately” after he was arrested for allegedly soliciting sexually explicit content from minors via Snapchat and the live-streaming platform Twitch, according to law enforcement and school officials. Charles Lucas Dingman, 29, who worked part-time at Holland Elementary School in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, has been arrested on charges of child pornography, (…)

Bogan faces a minimum sentence of five years in federal prison and a maximum sentence of 20 years, the US attorney’s office said.

His sentencing hearing is scheduled for May 6, according to the prosecutor’s office.

The case against Bogan is part of the Justice Department’s Project Safe Childhood initiative, prosecutors said.

The initiative, established in May 2006, aims to address the widespread problem of child sexual exploitation, according to prosecutors.

Parents, teachers and guardians interested in learning more about how to protect children from exploitation can find helpful tools and information at Know2Protect.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *