Days after the authorities he arrested his mother and stepfather on suspicion of child abuse, Oklahoma police have confirmed that they have located a 12-year-old boy Ryan “RJ” Davis alive and well
The child was found on Sunday, January 11, near the town of Ciment. approximately 19 miles (or a 26-minute drive) from Chickasha, where RJ was last seen on January 2nd around 11:00 p.m.
After he was reported missing, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol issued a Missing and Endangered Alert.
Detectives, who throughout their investigation had said they always believed RJ was alive, have yet to provide any information on how the boy got there. It’s also unclear how police came to know the boy’s location.
RJ’s disappearance sparked a massive manhunt. “After days of searching, after hoping and praying, we can say that the result we all hoped for has come true,” he offered. Hunter McKeespokesman for the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation, during a press conference Sunday.
McKee said the boy was found in Caddo County around noon Sunday. It was also unclear whether the child had been in the same area all this time.
Regardless, McKee told reporters that the boy was checked out by medical professionals, but that he was in “very good shape” overall. him? he also said the boy appeared to be in “good spirits” when he was found.
The search for RJ involved hundreds of volunteers to help look for the boy, including the United Cajun Navy, a local volunteer search and rescue group, whose members located the boy.
The rescue team spoke to the media during a press conference and said the child was found inside. They said his first words were, “I’m sorry.”
RJ’s mother, Kimberly Coleand his stepfather, George Coleboth were arrested on Wednesday, Jan. 7, on charges of child abuse, child sexual abuse and conspiracy.
“During the conversation with them, it became known that there was apparent harm done to this child while living with these two parents,” McKee told reporters.
McKee said the boy’s mother and stepfather are still being held in the Caddo County Jail. The local district attorney will likely proceed to formally charge the couple on Monday, January 12.
It is currently unclear whether either parent has obtained legal representation following their arrests.
RJ is now a ward of the state and is in the custody of the Oklahoma Department of Human Services
“We will work closely with DHS to make sure (the boy) is placed in a safe home, which he deserves,” McKee said.
Interim Chickasha Police Chief Goebel Music told reporters last week that Davis would not be returned to his parents’ custody when he was found. “This is what I need from everyone who will listen. This kid is not coming back to this house,” Music said. “All we want to do is keep an eye on this kid, get him the medical attention he needs and make sure he’s not coming back to this environment physically and emotionally.”
If you suspect child abuse, call Childhelp National’s Child Abuse Hotline at 1-800-4-A-Child or 1-800-422-4453, or visit ChildHelp.org. All calls are free and confidential, and the hotline is available 24 hours a day in over 170 languages.



