Professional violinist Brian King Joseph seemed to allude to the alleged harassment he claimed to have suffered at the hands of Will Smith days before filing a lawsuit against the famous actor.
“Earlier this year, I was hired to be a performer on a big, big tour with someone who was big in the industry,” Joseph, 35, said in a video shared via Instagram in December 2025. “So I was excited, you know, proud of myself to have the opportunity. Unfortunately, some things happened.”
He continued: “I can’t go into too much detail about what exactly it was because it’s already a legal issue right now, but the reason I’m talking about it is because being fired or blamed or shamed or threatened or anything like that simply for reporting sexual misconduct or workplace safety threats is not okay.”
Joseph also spoke to others who he said might be “afraid to talk” about their own experiences.
“I understand, and if it’s you, I see you,” he said at the time. “And that’s about it. More updates coming soon. Thanks for listening.”
Joseph filed his lawsuit against Smith, 57, in Los Angeles on Dec. 30, 2025. In documents obtained by Us WeeklyJoseph accuses Smith of “predatory behavior” and of “deliberately grooming and preparing Mr. Joseph for further sexual exploitation.” The alleged acts took place during Smith’s Based on a true story: 2025 turns
Joseph also claimed that he was asked to join the tour in November 2024. The tour began in Las Vegas in March 2025, and Joseph further alleged that the harassment began in Sin City.
In the complaint, Joseph claimed he returned to his Las Vegas hotel room, which was booked by Smith’s company, to find someone had “unlawfully” entered the room.

Brian King Joseph
Tommaso Boddi/Getty Images for Media Access AwardsIn the room, he allegedly discovered wipes, a bottle of beer, a bottle of HIV medication with someone else’s name on it and hospital discharge paperwork belonging to someone else.
The musician also alleged that there was a note in the room that read, “Brian, I’ll be back no later than (sic) 5:30, just us (drawn heart), Stone F,” which he believed was a message indicating that “an unknown individual would soon be returning to his room to engage in sexual acts.”
Joseph claims he reported what happened to hotel security and tourism management, and management allegedly accused him of lying. His work on the tour was later terminated, he said, and management told him they were “moving in a different direction.”
Through the documents, Joseph also claimed that Smith was “priming and grooming” him “for further sexual exploitation.” Us Weekly reps for Smith and Joseph were contacted at the time for comment.
Based on a true story was revealed to be Smith’s first album in over 20 years and featured previously released singles such as “You Can Make It”, “Work of Art” and “Tantrum”.
“The idea of ’Beautiful Scars’ is just one of the things that really came to me as a value to recognize that a difficulty, an adversity, a challenge, an obstacle is hard and painful right now, but what you’re going through can become the greatest thing that’s ever happened,” Smith told radio host Enrique Santos during an iHeartRadio Live event on January 2, 2025. on a beautiful springboard.”



